Tuesday, December 13, 2011

DAY 4 - Christmas Cooking

I don't know about what anyone else does, but we cannot start xmas holidays without some xmas cooking - so today we made some Choc. Ripple Jaffa balls and some Rocky Road.
I am terrible when it comes to including the kids in a lot of cooking -I really can be impatient, have a big thing about hygiene with food prep and I don't like the mess of it - I am not a baker at the best of times, so when I do make things I usually do it at night. But I do feel terrible about it - so today the kids got to 'help' - however when it came to rolling the balls -I ended up asking them to let me do it - as I could just see that they would of ended up with fingers in mouths....after some begging and pleading, I did let Hayley do a few towards the end - I know it's taking the fun out of it - but seriously do you wan to be eating something knowing that kid's saliva and germs are all the way through it??
I am a bit strict when it comes to washing hands - if they lick their fingers - they have to go wash their hands before they come back and help. OCD much? maybe, but you won't mind trying my food knowing that.






 Yum yum - and so it brings me to the last photo - this is my son's latest favourite outfit - gumboots (very suited to the rain lately), undies and t'shirt. lol - must have photo for the 21st album I think.



I have had someone ask what I wish to achieve out of this - being on my business blog - well I hope for one thing is shows some consistency, some personal stuff from me - I am just a mum doing mummy things and can capture all the little things.

1 comment:

  1. Annnd I am really not liking blogger - it is a pain for inserting photos on posts - so ignore the 'all over the place' photo placements.

    ReplyDelete